Friday, 14 October 2011

Follow Friday: Sharing Success

I have been largely ignoring this blog for nearly two weeks now.  We fell out after I wrote a lovely long addition to my tutorial page which was so marvellous that the computer was awestruck and crashed.  And lost my work.  I have flounced over to Hubpages and spent my time writing articles about whatever takes my fancy.  Anyway, it's time to break the ice with the blog again, so here is a little success story that I found.

I follow Diane from Nuts from the Family Tree and was delighted to read that she has found a cousin.  Diane's success came from the old fashioned route - a note posted to a small local genealogy society.  Her approach worked - she had an email back from a cousin, the first living relative she has found.  I am delighted for Diane and her new found cousin - it's a great feeling to be able to reunite your family.

Speaking of reunions, I hope that my blog and I will continue our rapprochement and perhaps by next week I shall retype my tutorial.  In the meantime, if you have time, check out my How to Break Down a Family Brick Wall article on Hubpages - feedback welcomed!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting